October 3, 2007

Hannah's Heirloom Play Dress

It sure was hot this summer, especially here in Alabama. On weekends, I spent a lot of time in my sewing room where the air conditioner kept it nice and cool.

One afternoon when I was going through my fabric stash, I came across a piece of Swiss batiste that I had forgotten about. Actually, it was in several pieces. It had originally be used in an experiment years ago when we were testing fabric markers. At the time, I thought one of the pieces was ruined, but I couldn't bring myself to throw it out.

I rubbed the Stain Remedy into all the stains and then soaked it overnight in Forever New fabric wash. This had to have been the worst of all the stains I have treated with the Stain Remedy and I really didn't have any expectations of it coming clean. But it did! Amazing, is all I can say about that.

Anyway, the three pieces of fabric only amounted to about 2/3 of a yard, barely enough to make Hannah a summer play dress. I used the biggest piece for the skirt and the smaller pieces for the yokes, found some leftover lace to trim the armholes and neck and made her a sleeveless, shorty dress.

She liked it and that's what counts! It was cool and comfortable for her to wear and she could play outside while wearing it.

P.S. If you would like to try the Stain Remedy and Forever New fabric wash just send us a self addressed, stamped envelope. Enclose a little note with Stain Remedy and Forever New written on it and we'll mail you a free sample of each so that you can try it on those stubborn stains.

Mail it to:

Heirloom Sewing For Children
Dalton Enterprises
P.O. Box 804
Demopolis, AL 36732






No comments: